An important part of minimizing expenses due to fire and smoke damage is pre-cleaning.
When treated quickly, the acidic residues from fire can be limited; pre-cleaning after smoke damage can often reduce losses and cost of repairs.
Smoke Damage Structural Restoration
Structural restoration involves the thorough cleaning of walls and ceilings, along with polishing and deodorizing all woodwork, completed by our qualified technicians.
Attics, Closets, Drawers and Cabinets
All of these areas can trap smoke odors and thorough cleaning requires neutralizing odors and airing out.
Furniture and Carpet Cleaning
This process includes complete inspection, pre-testing, cleaning, neutralizing odors, speed drying and protective covering during any structural restoration.
Hard Surface Floor Cleaning
Our technicians will inspect and clean all marble, tile, stone, wood, laminate and any other flooring. All floors are covered for protection during structural restoration.
In the event of fire or smoke damage, ServiceMaster All Care Restoration has a full range of professional services to increase your likelihood of complete recovery to your residential or commercial property. Call us as soon as possible to help reduce your risk of further damage. In the meantime, there are a list of helpful hints to ensure the best restoration possible:
Things you can do:
- Call ServiceMaster All Care Restoration within the first 24 hours of the fire. Corrosive fumes and soot from smoke and fire can cause permanent etching in less than 72 hours.
- Air out your home by opening windows and doors to reduce smoke odors (if the temperature is above 60 degrees).
- Prevent tarnishing and etching by cleaning chrome, formica, aluminum and porcelain fixtures.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over important documents to capture loose soot in the air.
- Dispose of any opened packages of food.
- If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave doors propped open.
- Clothing with heavy smoke damage should be send to a qualified restoration dry cleaner.
Things you should not do:
- Do not touch anything. Oil from your hands cause additional damage by permeating walls, woodwork and upholstery.
- Do not try to wash walls as incorrect cleaning can add to any soot residue.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Have all electrical appliances checked before using them.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
For fire damage repair, Phoenix relies on ServiceMaster All Care Restoration. We offer 24 hour emergency fire damage restoration. Call 623-486-0700 or 1-877-560-9111 for immediate response.
What Our Clients Say ?
A. N. | Chester Peoria, AZ
P. J. | Chester Peoria, AZ
S. E. | Chester Peoria, AZ
A lot of people strive to one day own their own home and it can take some people a bit of time to get to… Read More »Is Water Damage Restoration and Cleaning Covered by Homeowner’s Insurance?
Mold remediation costs vary significantly, depending on the location of the mold infestation, the extent of mold growth, the type of mold, and a host… Read More »What is the Average Cost of Mold Remediation in Phoenix, AZ?
The short answer to the question above is a resounding “No” – it is not safe to knowingly stay in your home if there is… Read More »Is it Safe to Stay in My Phoenix, AZ Home If There is Mold?
We hold many CE classes with the goal of helping the insurance industry and our customers gain a more knowledge as well as gaining CE credits in the process. All CE Classes meet in Tempe, Arizona. The CE classes are informative, interactive and our are worth 3 hours of credit. For any other questions or for more information call us at 623-486-0700.
By taking one of our CE classes, we offer you an opportunity to lower your loss ratio and improve the service you provide to your insureds. The training program is designed to educate you and your staff about how to reduce the size of many of your property losses, also called loss mitigation.